Monday, September 17, 2007

I hope to learn new ways to be more effective with different technologies. Right now I feel that I am using technology all of the time (to communicate with others, to create and search for lesson plans, teaching during class, to research, etc). I enjoy it greatly and find that it makes most tasks more professional, efficient, and fun. It would be nice to learn about technologies that I am not familiar with to enhance what I am doing both at school and at home. I thought I knew a great deal about technology and although this might be true, during the first day of class I already heard a lot of new terms that I am not familiar with (wikis, delicious, podcasting, dreamweaver, etc) and I am excited to learn how to use them. Since technology is constantly changing I think it is great to be on the forefront of what is new and I think that is what TEAM will do for me. It will give me knowledge and skills for more technology tools to use regularly. I love teaching and I can’t wait to use my new learned skills to excite my students and get them actively involved in lessons and projects for my curriculum.

1 comment:

Christine Southard said...

Your students are going to love using the new technology applications you're learning about in TEAM. My fifth graders really love blogging and podcasting. We're slowly introducing them to wikis too.

Talk to me in class and I'll share the Sign of the Beaver wiki I created for my students.